Protests were held as a woman and her newborn were died in a Manawala hospital while another newborn died in a private clinic of Toba Teck Singh in childbirths due to alleged negligence of doctors.

The woman and her newborn died in childbirth due to alleged negligence of the doctor of a private surgical gynae hospital in Manawala. Mansha, a resident of Faisal Town, got admitted his wife Perven Bibi for child birth in Manzoor Surgical Gynee Hospital. The doctor namely Nawaz accompanied by other staffers mistakenly cut a vain of the woman thereby causing profuse bleeding that could not be stopped despite their hectic efforts.

Meantime, the woman and her baby died due to negligence and improper treatment. The heirs of the victim held a demonstration in front of the hospital and ransacked its furniture and fixture. DCO Kiran Khurshid ordered to seal the hospital and arrest the doctor and staff in this connection. The Manawala police registered a case and started investigation.

FACTORY SEALED: A fake beverage factory was unearthed by the health officials, Assistant Commissioner Sidra Saleem and local police in Farooqabad. One Malik Habib was running fake beverage of a famous brand in the Shahabad locality. The raiding team reached the spot and recovered huge quantity of fake beverage. Sadar Farooqabad police registered a case and arrested owner of factory Malik Habib.

Meanwhile, a case has been registered with Gojra city police against a lady doctor for her alleged negligence which caused the death of a newborn. Abdul Haq of Chak 98-JB told police that he took away his pregnant daughter Samina Bibi to the clinic of Dr Nasira located in Gojra for her ultrasound. He added that accused doctor informed him that baby had died in the abdomen and an emergency operation was necessary to save the life of the mother. He allowed and accused lady doctor conducted caesarean surgery and handed over to him the baby in a shopping bag. He added that while going to their village, the baby was found alive and they immediately shifted her to local hospital where doctors referred her to Faisalabad Allied Hospital but she died after two days.