Islamabad - The Supreme Court was apprised Monday that the federal government is not implementing the recommendations of the commission’s report on Islamabad district courts attack.

A three-member bench comprising Justice Anwar Zaheer Jamali, head of the bench, Justice Gulzar Ahmed and Justice Dost Muhammad Khan were hearing the suo moto case related to indiscriminate firing and suicide attack in Islamabad district courts, which was conducted in March last. At least 11 people, including Additional Sessions Judge Rafaqat Awan, were killed and 29 others got injured on March 3 during a gun-and-bomb attack in a court in the federal capital’s F-8 courts.

Mohsin Akhtar Kiyani, president of Islamabad High Court Bar Association, informed the court that after the incident of F-8 attack the chief justice of Islamabad High Court had constituted a commission, which gave a number of proposals but the federal government has not implemented them, as still it has not increased the compensation for the heirs of the murdered lawyers.

Deputy Attorney General Sajjid Illyas Bhatti on behalf of Islamabad police submitted a report. According to it, 15 policemen had been suspended. He added that recently the SSP (Operation), ASP and SDPO as punishment had presented themselves before the establishment division.

Justice Dost Muhammad remarked that in Pakistan if someone commits crime or is found negligent of his duty, he/she is awarded or promoted. He asked the DAG where those officers have been posted. Justice Jamali stated the court had to see two things. First, the enhancement of the compensation amount and the second what action had been taken against those police officers who were found negligent of their duties.

Sajjid Illyas informed that the government had paid the compensation to the families of injured and murdered lawyers and now the federal government was considering enhancing the compensation amount. The federal government had granted only Rs.0.5 million as compensation to the family of each deceased advocate.

Justice Dost Muhammad remarked that usually the government did not give lawyers anything but at least it should provide money to the injured lawyers and the families of deceased advocates.

The case was adjourned for two weeks.