RAWALPINDI The deadliest suicide attack in Rawalpindi outside a bank near Hotel Shalimar (Cantt. Area) on Monday once again created a wave of panic and terror amongst the Pindities. A large number of family members and relatives of victims rushed towards the hospitals soon after hearing about the explosion. They were crying and weeping upon seeing their dear ones injured or dead. To avoid any untoward incident, all the educational institutions in the city were closed before time by the administrations whereas banks along the Mall Road and in Saddar also suspended their services. Worried parents reached the institutions of their children to take them home but school administrations did not let the children go immediately due to security reasons. The children were also under discomfort due to the situation. Hamid Khan, standing outside Sir Syed College, said that militants were spreading terror to get their demands fulfilled and the people of Pakistan were paying the price. I want peace and an end to militancy he added. I am not satisfied with the present situation. There is always fear in my mind, anything may happen anytime. I never feel secure in the city. May God secure me, my children and all others from any mishap, said Shazia, another citizen who came to pick up her son from school. Sharif Ahmed, a social worker, was of the view that innocent people feared for their lives and were weary of militant activities and opposed militancy as it has disrupted normal life. He said that people wanted peace and normalcy to return as quickly as possible. Law enforcers blocked all the roads leading to the venue of the suicide blast and traffic wardens diverted the traffic flow to alternative routes. Police and other security agenciec officials swarmed the city roads. Long queues of traffic could be witnessed almost on all busy roads of the city. Security measures of all sensitive buildings and governmental installations have also been beefed up through the deployment of extra forces. Rescuers shifted 8 injured persons and 11 dead bodies to DHQ Hospital, informed DMS Dr Zafar. An injured Bashir Ahmed, an employee at the bank admitted in the DHQ Hospital, told this scribe that he was dealing with customers inside the bank when a powerful blast occurred. With this horrible blast, I lost my senses. It seemed like heaven had fallen. Everybody was screaming with pain, he added. Another maimed of the blast, Ijaz, an Army official, said that he was standing along with a bank guard when the blast occurred. He said that he received injuries and got unconscious. In the DHQ Hospital, a person was mourning, outside the Emergency Department, the death of his sister in the blast. He was cursing the terrorists. After a few moments, the person fell on the ground by holding his head in both his hands, and hospital staffers shifted him to the Emergency Department for medical treatment. Regional Police Officer (RPO) Muhammad Aslam Tareen, City Police Officer (CPO) Rao Muhammad Iqbal Khan, District Coordination Officer (DCO) Imdad Ullah Bosal, and Allied Hospitals (AHs) and Rawalpindi Medical College (RMC) Principal Dr Musaddiq Khan visited DHQ Hospital and inquired about the health of injured persons there.