TOBA TEK SINGH - A survey revealed that 60.7 percent of the money under the Faroogh-i-Taleem Fund was collected from students while the remaining 39.3 percent was provided by the government for public sector schools’ development and security measures.

Addressing a press conference, project director Raja Shoaib Akbar and district coordinator Muhammad Shahid said that it was also strange that the approved grants of schools were transferred to the school councils in the third quarter of the current financial year. They added that the survey conducted in 66 schools revealed that secondary schools were equipped with basic facilities and infrastructure, but most of the primary and elementary schools are deprived of facilities like furniture, drinkable water, washrooms, sports equipments and computer labs.

It recommended that the government should issue orders to the school authorities to ensure implementation of the Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2014, and ensure that the students are not charged for education. It added that the government should also make efforts to provide missing facilities and fill the vacant posts of teachers especially in primary schools.

dacoit killed: An alleged bandit was killed during a dacoity bid on Toba-Shorkot Road here on Tuesday.

As per details, three dacoits attempted to loot the driver of a Faisalabad-bound oil-tanker coming from Multan near Chak 303/GB. However, driver Safdar, a resident of Muzaffargarh, did not stop. At which the bandits climbed onto the oil-tanker to stop him but in the meantime the tanker overturned, crushing one of the accused under it.

The dead body was shifted to DHQ Hospital for autopsy, however, identity of the accused could not be ascertained till filing of this report. The other dacoits managed to flee from the scene after the accident. Driver Safdar also received minor injuries in the mishap.