KARACHI: A man was burnt alive, while some others sustained burn wounds due to fire in a residential building today.

Rescue sources said that fire triggered due to an electric short circuit in a residential building in Baloch Colony, Karachi. The fire spread rapidly and engulfed entire building within no time.

The families residing in the building rushed out of the building in panic, but a man sleeping inside a room was trapped and burnt to death before the blaze could be extinguished. Some of the residents sustained burn wounds, who were shifted to hospital for treatment.