LAHORE - A 50-year-old patient died at the Shaikh Zayed Hospital due to allegedly negligence of the doctors on Saturday. The victim patient, Zawar Ahmad, a resident of Sahiwal was brought with multiple injuries on his legs, sustained in a road accident. He was being provided treatment at medical ward from where doctors shifted him to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) after two days in critical condition where he died. Shortly after the death of the patient, his relatives registered a strong protest demonstration against the hospital administration and the on-duty doctors. They chanted slogans against the doctors and demanded of the Government to take exemplary action against the on-duty doctors and the administration for their acute negligence that caused the death of patient. The relatives also alleged that the hospital administration called the security guards who tortured them when they were demanding action against the responsible doctors. They further alleged that the administration refused to take application that the family members of the patient wanted to submit for inquiry, which was their genuine right. They claimed that the patient was not in critical condition when they took him to the hospital a few days back. His health deteriorated during treatment due to negligence of the doctors, as they paid no heed to the requests of the attendants when they tried to draw their attention towards poor health care. According to the witnesses, the hospital security guards and the relatives also scuffled when later they protested against the negligence of the doctors and the administration. The police was called which held negotiations with the agitators and assured them justice. Muhammad Umer, a relative of the patient told the newsmen that he informed an on-duty doctor about rapidly deteriorating health of the patient as he was crying for help due to severe pain. When the doctor refused to attend the patient, he then asked a staff nurse to examine his patient but to no avail. Umer alleged that the on-duty doctor examined the patient half an hour late and administered an injection. A few minutes later, the patient breathed his last. He claimed that the patient was brought with minor injuries. When contacted Chairman Shaikh Zayed Hospital was not available for comments while the hospital spokesman Dr Farrah said the patient was brought with multiple injuries. He was also suffering from multiple diseases like blood sugar and blood pressure. She denied the allegations of the relatives of the patient that the doctors showed any negligence while providing treatment to the patient. She said the patient was shifted from Medical Ward to ICU of the hospital in critical condition where he expired.