LAHORE - Another man was tortured to death by the police at Guwalmandi police station on Monday. The deceased Maqsood Ahmad, 45, a resident of Jaranwala and presently living at Sharif Pura, Lahore was arrested by the police in a murder case some days back. Police sources said that Investigation officers of the Police Station Guwalmandi interrogated him using third degree method late Sunday night. During interrogation, the deceased succumbed to injuries and died in the police custody. The sources said that in order to hush up the incident, police officers threw his body in the toilet of the police station and early on Monday shifted it to the City morgue for autopsy without bringing the matter to the knowledge of the victims family. Meanwhile, a police constable of the same police station who was also eyewitness of the incident informed a senior police officer about the death of an accused in police custody. On the intervention of the police officer, the City Mortuary doctors performed his autopsy in which it appeared that the inmate was tortured to death by the police during interrogation. The medical board of the City Mortuary comprising senior doctors in the report revealed that several deep torture wounds were found on different parts of the body. On the basis of the said report, the Guwalmandi police registered a case against Investigation Officer Muhammad Ijaz and constable Ilyas. It is worth mentioning here that Maqsood was the second person that was tortured to death by the police in the name of interrogation during last three days. Giving details about the incident, a senior police officer said that Faqeer Muhammad, an employee of Mayo Hospital, was killed by some people a couple of months back. During interrogation, police arrested Faqeers wife Perveen Bibi, her two relatives Karamat Ali and Safdar. During interrogation, they disclosed that they had killed Faqeer Muhammad with the connivance of Maqsood Ahmad and his two brothers Shahzad and Ayub and had thtown his (Faqeer) body in BRB canal. Police also arrested Maqsood Ahmad three days back. Late night on Sunday, as told by the police officer, the Investigation officer Ijaz and constable Illyas used third degree torture method to get information from Maqsood Ahmad. Resultantly, he succumbed to injuries in the police custody. The police officer said that matter has been reported to the police high ups. Worker shot dead A factory employee was shot dead allegedly by three armed men over old enmity in the jurisdiction of Nishtar Colony police on Monday. Bullet riddled body of victim Muhammad Ameen was found from a road near a garments factory. Police said that father of a child Ameen was perhaps gunned down over old enmity by his rivals. Deceaseds cousin Nisar Ahmad told the police that Ameen had an enmity with a police official Sub-Inspector Awais Mazhar. He told the police officials that on Monday police officials son Ahmed Raza and a cousin Munawar intercepted Ameen and opened indiscriminate firing on him. He said that Ameen received nine bullet wounds and was rushed to the Lahore General Hospital but died on the way. He further told the police said that one of the relatives of police official Awais Mazahar was gunned down by some armed men in the past. The police officials relatives had nominated Ameen besides other people in the said murder incident. Ameen was later bailed out in the case but his rivals had a grudge against him. According to Nisar, on Monday, they killed Ameen. Police shifted dead body of Ameen to the city morgue for autopsy. No case was registered toll the filing of this report.