RAWALPINDI - The judge of Anti Terrorsim Court (ATC) Number 1 Rawalpindi awarded five days physical remand of Malik Mumtaz Hussain Qadri, the killer of Governor Punjab Salman Taseer, to Islamabad police here on Thursday. The court also issued instructions to police that the accused Mumtaz Qadri might undergo a medical check-up from District Headquarter Hospital (DHQ) Rawalpindi. Amid tight security, Islamabad police presented the murderer of Punjab Governor Salman Taseer before ATC-I Special Judge Muhammad Akram Awan. On the occasion, Mumtaz Qadri was accorded a warm welcome by thousands of over charged lawyers, representatives of civil society as well as activists of Sunni Tehrik (ST) who were gathered outside the court. They chanted slogans in favour of Mumtaz Qadri. When he was dismounted from the vehicle legal fraternity showered mounds of rose petals upon him. Many people kissed his face and hands in emotions. It is interesting to note here that over five hundred lawyers had signed the attorney to appear before the court on behalf of Malik Mumtaz Qadri. But a panel comprising of District Bar Association (DBA) Malik Waheed Anjum, Sana Ullah Zahid, Malik Jawad Khalid, Basharat Ullah and Abid Mughal presented in the court from his side. During the proceedings, Malik Mumtaz Qadri confessed that he killed Salman Taseer as he (Taseer) termed the blasphemy law as a black law. He also said that he committed the crime on his own will and neither any political or religious party was not involved in the crime nor any group asked him to do so. I was alone responsible for killing the governor, he claimed. Qadri told the court that he faced physical torture including electric shocks and law enforcers did not allow him to sleep the whole night. On this, ATC-I Judge Akram Awan ordered Islamabad police that his medical examination should be taken from the hospital, situated outside the jurisdiction of Islamabad. The court also instructed that his medical check-up should be done at DHQ Hospital Rawalpindi. One of the defence counsels Malik Waheed Anjum pleaded the court to allow the lawyers for a separate meeting with Mumtaz Qadri. On which court allowed 10 minutes meeting among panel of lawyers and accused Qadri in his chamber. During meeting, Qadri showed them the torture signs on his body that he received during police custody. SSP Islamabad Police Tahir Alam Khan in his application sought 10-day physical remand of Qadri mentioning police wanted to know the links involved in governors killing. But Malik Waheed Anjum objected that the accused Qadri confessed his crime and the arm used in murder was also recovered from him so there was no need for physical remand. After listening the comments of both sides, ATC-I Judge Akram Awan granted five days physical remand of accused Mumtaz Qadri to Islamabad police. Earlier, Chief Commissioner Islamabad had issued a notification that ATC would arrange its hearing at Islamabad. On which the special judge took a serious view and invalidated the Chief Commissioners orders on the request of lawyers. Just before 45 minutes left in court timings, the judge issued orders that accused Mumtaz Qadri should be brought to the court positively before the closing of the court. The court said in its remarks that provincial or federal government has no authority to change the permanent seating of the court. After 20 minutes of court orders, Capital police transported Mumtaz Qadri to the court. Later, Waheed Anjum, while talking media men, said that they were going to file a writ petition on Friday in the Lahore High Court (LHC) Rawalpindi Bench against illegal confinement of Qadris family members in which they would too plea that his father, brothers and other relatives should be set free.