OUR STAFF REPORTER LAHORE An ailing person committed suicide by jumping into a river while a youth was gunned down by his friends over a petty dispute and another person was killed over personal grudge in separate incidents in the Punjab capital on Saturday. In the first incident, the 30-year-old ailing person, father of three, allegedly committed suicide by jumping into the Ravi River at Bund Road in Sanda police area. Police sources expressed probability that Sikander, hailing from Bahawalpur, was very disappointed owing to a fatal disease he had been suffering from since long. He was provided medical treatment by several doctors but to no avail, which may forced him to end his own life, they added. Mohammad Khalil, a cousin of the deceased, said in his statement recorded by the police that he was ill and was unable to make both ends meet. According to a few locals, he jumped into the river from Bund Road No-5 but no body was recovered till filing of this report. Further investigations are underway. In the second incident, the 27-year-old youth was gunned down by his friends over a petty dispute in Shahdara Town police area in early on Saturday, police sources said. The family members alleged that the deceased, Mohammad Arsalan, was killed by his buddies including Tariq, Viki Masih, Afzal Dogar and unidentified person(s). They, however, claimed he had reconciled two rival parties Ghulam Sarwar and Abdul Rehman a few days ago after they quarrelled over personal issue near the area of Jehangir Tomb. One of the party might believed that the deceased had supported their rival during reconciliation. Arsalan had been living in a rented home owned by Abdul Rehman for some four years. He, along with his friends Abdul Rehman, Viki, Afzal and others, was sitting on the roof of his home and discussing family matters, police investigators said. They added that during their conversation regarding preparation of Abdul Rehmans wedding ceremony planned to be held on Monday (tomorrow), they exchanged harsh words. One among the accused sprayed a bullet straight on his temple. Resultantly, he fell unconscious, they added. Afterwards, the accused tried to flee from the scene while the bereaved family managed to apprehend Viki Masih and Afzal Dogar, who later told police that bullet was accidentally went off. However, the police investigators said something authentic information could be delivered after the arrests of rest of the accused and the post-mortem report. Earlier, the police removed the body to the city morgue for autopsy. While in the third incident, the local arbitrator was shot dead over personal grudge at Usman Nagar in Ghaziabad police area. The deceased was identified as Chaudhry Asghar Ali, a resident of Usman Nagar and a property dealer by profession. Police said that the deceased had called accused Ghulam Abbas alias Ghanti a liar during a meeting over monetary issue some days ago. Asghar was on his way to home after attending an engagement ceremony of his maternal nephew early on Saturday, police said. The police investigators said the accused sprayed indiscriminate bullets on Asghar resultantly he suffered multiple injuries and died on the spot. Later, a large number of police personnel reached the spot and shifted the body to the city morgue. A murder case has been lodged against the accused on the statement of the deceaseds brother.