LAHORE - A sweeper succumbed to burn injuries and a lady librarian was severely injured as the library of Lahore College of Arts and Science (LACAS) caught fire on Monday. According to the eyewitnesses, the library was totally damaged due to fire. The fire created panic in the college and the students were asked to leave the college. Rescue 1122 officials told that at 7:10am they received a call of fire at the LACAS and within five minutes they reached the spot with their fire vehicles and ambulances. They said according to their investigation, the fire was erupted owing to the gas leakage in the library, which engulfed the whole library. They said they shifted two injured to the Mayo Hospital. They were included Mukhtar, a sweeper, and Ayesha (24), a librarian. Mukhtar succumbed to his injuries at the hospital and condition of Ayesha is stated to be stable in the hospital. He, however, said fire was extinguished after three hours. He said all the books placed in the library were damaged due to the fire and were unable to be reused, adding all the furniture in the library was burnt to ashes and air conditioning units were also totally damaged.