LAHORE - A one-man commission on Friday issued notices to National Assembly Speaker Sardar Ayaz Sadiq and Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaaf Chief Imran Khan to ensure their presence in its maiden meeting to be held at Nadir Hall of District Coordination Officer’s office on Monday.

The commission comprising retired judge Ghulam Hussain Awan issued these notices. The returning officer of the constituency and officials of election commission would also attend the meeting.

An election tribunal had constituted a one-man commission to inspect vote record of NA-122, the constituency from where National Assembly Speaker Sardar Ayaz Sadiq was declared successful. Imran Khan had moved the application challenging the victory of Sardar Ayaz Sadiq and submitted that the constituency was rigged.

In another move, Akthar Rasool, runner-up candidate of PML-N from PP-148, Lahore, on Friday filed an application to election tribunal to become a necessary party in inspection process of the constituency’s record.

The applicant stated that the tribunal had summoned Mian Aslam Iqbal of PTI but he was not issued notice. He said he was also stake holder in the constituency concerned. He requested the tribunal to make him party in the proceedings.

Bail application dismissed

The Lahore High Court on Friday dismissed bail application of an accused allegedly involved in thirty different cases.

Rashid, the accused-petitioner, had filed the petition saying that he had nothing to do with the allegations levelled against him and as a result, he was sent behind bars. The petitioner said Shafiqabad police had booked him in fake cases and even no witness was there to testify against him. He requested the judge to acquit him.

The prosecution, however, told the judge that solid arguments were with the police and it presented his record in the court.

After hearing both sides, Acting Chief Justice Manzoor Ahmad Malik of the LHC dismissed the bail application.

In another case, the Lahore High Court on Friday sought reply from Lahore Capital City Police Officer on a petition seeking recovering of a youth detained at unknown place.

Zakiya Jamshed, a local resident, had filed the petition and said that two boys namely Qasim Siddique and Ali Jamshed went to Lahore Airport where Qasim climbed on the tyre of a private airline and later fell down and died while another Jamshed was arrested by police. The petitioner stated since then police did not take him on front and had kept him somewhere unknown. When the law enforcement agencies are contacted and asked about Jamshed, they said that they did not know about him.

After hearing the grievances of the petitioner, Justice Abdul Sami Khan of the LHC directed CCPO Lahore to submit reply and adjourned further proceedings till December 18.