LAHORE WAPDA toppled Navy and reached third-place when they drew KESC 0-0 in the 182nd and final match as marathon Pakistan Premier Football League concluded at Peoples Sports Complex, Mauripur Road, Lyari Town Sunday. The electricitymen who lifted the title in 1983, 1991, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2007 and 2008, failed to earn their eighth title as they finished three points behind Champion KRL (60 pts) and second placed Army (60 pts). Kahura-based KRL, launched by famous scientist Abdul Qadeer Khan in 1995, will represent Pakistan in 6th AFC Presidents Cup next year as they recorded their first national football title on Saturday. It will be return of KRL, who earned Rs. 4,13,000 as Match Bonus, in AFC club competitions after nine years. The researchers appeared in 11th Asian Cup Winners Cup 2000. Pir Aftab Hussain Shah Jilani, Federal Minister for Sportswas chief guest of the match and on Pakistan Football Federation (PFF)s President Makhdoom Syed Faisal Saleh Hayats direction revised cash money presented to teams and players. KRL grabbed the winning trophy and gold medals from chief guest in addition to Rs. 6 lac while their former player Sajjad Mehmood became Coach of the event. Four-times National Champions Army had to content with silver medals and Rs.4 lacs. WAPDA had grabbed bronze medals and Rs.3 lacs. PIAs playmaker Nasr Ullah Khan was adjudged Most Valuable Player (MVP) and he pocketted Rs. 1,00,000 while leading marksman Arif Merhmood (WAPDA, 20 goals) and best goal-keeper Ghulam Nabi (KRL) took Rs. 50,000 each. In order to promote Sportsmanship, PFF Chief had also decided to hand over Rs.1,00,000 to winner of Fair Play trophy and Lahores PEL deserved the award with sportsmanship throughout 142-day show. PEL had more happiness when their keeper Saqib Hanif was declared Best Emerging Player of the show. The awards of Best Match Commissioner and Best Referee went into pockets of Qamar Yar Khan and Sattar Badini respectively. Both received Rs. 50,000 each. Okaras Shahid Hussain received Best Assistant Referee Award of Rs.25,000 introduced for the first time. The final league match was supervised by Shafaat Habib (Army), supported on the line by Sattar Badini (Kharan), Abdul Aziz (Karachi) and 4th Official Fareed Ahmed (KPT).