ISLAMABAD-A security guard was killed and four other persons were injured in a suicide bomb attack on a private bank in Islamabads Sector I-8 Markaz located in Rehmat Plaza. Suicide bomber tried to enter the building and upon resistance from the guard blew himself up, eyewitnesses on the spot told The Nation on Monday. Police sources confirmed that Muhammad Bashir security guard of Police Foundation and resident of Fateh Jang died on the spot. While Zulqarnain Mujahid Operations Manager, Haseeb Ahmed sales executive, Shani office boy and Maqbool Ahmed security guard of Vital Security Company were injured. The injured persons were shifted to Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) for emergency treatment. Hospital sources confirmed the death of Bashir Ahmed and said that the condition of Maqbool Ahmed security guard is critical as he was in coma, while the other three people got minor injuries. On the blast site, this scribe witnessed the front of the bank was badly damaged and hoardings smashed. Pieces of human flesh were scattered on the floor and several cars parked outside were also damaged. The furniture and the computers and record inside the bank was destroyed. Laraib wedding hall is situated in the same building in the basement but there was no function at the time of the blast. However, the hall was completely damaged as windowpanes were shattered and the catering could be seen lying on the floor. Forensic and security officials rushed to the site and combed the area for evidence. Fire brigade and Rescue 1122 also arrived at the site. There was no information on the intensity of the blast. Bilal Haider Relationship Manager told this newspaper that there were 16 staff members inside the bank at the time of blast including two guards, two peons and another person. He confirmed that Bashir died on spot while four other persons were injured in the blast. Eyewitness Moaz Shah Manager ANZA super store said that the guard had stopped the suicide bomber at the entrance, who then detonated the bomb outside the bank. Ch. Yasir, who works in another private bank adjacent to the affected one said: 'It was lunch time, I was returning from lunch when I heard a deafening noise. I saw the guard. Its difficult to describe his condition as his body was in pieces. One eyewitness upon condition of anonymity told this scribe a white Toyota Corolla car carrying three men stopped in front of the bank and dropped a 20-25 year old man with light beard and then drove away. The blast happened when the man was about to enter the bank, the eyewitness said. Salman, a resident near the bank, told this newspaper that he heard a huge blast while he was about to take his lunch. On Sunday afternoon, at least three people were injured in a roadside bomb blast in the northern part of the City, the first of its kind this year. The last major attack in Islamabad was in December 2009, when a suicide bomber blew himself up outside a naval headquarters, killing a guard and wounding two navy personnel. This is the first attack in Islamabad after at least 18 months. However, on Sunday a low intensity roadside blast injured three people including a child on Murree Road near Malpur village on the outskirts of the City. On Monday attack was on the bank named as Silk Bank and is jointly owned by Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. Pakistani Taliban militants have launched a string of attacks to take revenge the killing of the al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden by the US special forces in Pakistan on May 2. But none of them took place in the capital due to tightened security measures. The two blasts in the capital might have indicated that the terrorists are now shifting their targets to put more pressure on the Pakistani government. Deputy Commissioner Islamabad while talking to The Nation confirmed the death of a security guard saying four other people also got injured. Three got minor injuries and have been discharged after giving first medical aid. However, another injured security guard is under treatment. He said it would be premature to say the quantity of explosivea used in the attack until a report is surfaced, he added. IG Islamabad Wajid Ali confirmed that the second body, which is reported to be the body of the suicide bomber, had been shifted from the site for forensic analysis. Police have recovered the head of the suicide bomber. 'One security guard is confirmed dead while two four are injured, Inspector General Police Islamabad Wajid Ali told media that the bomber was aged 24 to 25 years old. To a question, he said that the Bomb Disposal Squad is examining the site after that he will be in a position to share the quantity and nature of material used. There has been a considerable amount of damage to the front of the bank. Emergency has been declared in all hospitals. Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack, a local TV channel reported. President Asif Ali Zardari, Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani, PML-N Quaid Mian Nawaz Sharif, MQM Chief Altaf Hussain and Ministers condemned the attack.