LAHORE - The Punjab Prisons Department on Wednesday denied the alleged recovery of a human hand from the food of a prison in Kot Lakhpat Jail in August. The department also termed the reported incident as unfound, baseless and fabricated story. Before the Court of LHC Chief Justice Khwaja Muhammad Sharif a report was filed by the DIG, Prisons in a petition which sought judicial inquiry into the alleged recovery of human hand from the food plate of a prison. The report said that the piece of alleged human-hand was sent for examination to the university of veterinary and animal sciences and they had confirmed that it was a piece of cow meat and not the human hand. The whole incident was planned by the inmates only to blackmail the jail authorities, it added. The report also rejected the allegations that the inmate, who had complained about the alleged human hand in his food, was being tortured and pressurized to change his stand. After going through the report, the chief justice adjourned hearing on the petition as counsel for the petitioner did not show up. Arshad Rehmani filed the petition, contending that Faheem Raza, the inmate, had protested with the jail authorities on finding a hand of a human being in his food. The matter was highlighted by media and hence jail authorities began to pressurize Faheem to withdraw his statement, the petitioner said. He alleged that the said inmate was being tortured severely by jail authorities and was not produced before court. Besides seeking an order for judicial inquiry into the incident, the petitioner requested the court a medical examination of the prisoner on his production in the court. Desperate man ends life A 45-year-old man committed suicide when he jumped in front of a train over financial issue in Dharampura Area on Wednesday, police said. The deceased was later identified as Muhammad Shafiq, a resident of Mustafaabad. Police informed the victims family about the mishap, who immediately reached the scene. An eyewitness of the incident Nawaz, who observed Shafiq sitting on another railway track, said he was looking tense. A brother-in-law of the deceased Asif Iqbal told media men that he did not have any idea if Shafiq was in trouble financially as he had never discussed the issue. Although he married my daughter some 15 days back, which may lead to financial crunch but I cannot say anything, he added. Later, police handed over the body to the heirs after conducting medico-legal formalities.