QUETTA – The scene was usual in the provincial capital on Sunday as was witnessed several times before after every deadly shooting. A shutter-down and wheel-jam strike was observed in Quetta against the targeted killing of eight people belonging to Hazara community.

Hazara Democratic Party (HDP) and Balochistan Shia Conference had given the strike call which was also supported by other Baloch and Pashtoon parties. Unidentified armed men shot dead eight people in two separate incidents of sectarian killing on Brewery and Sabzaal Roads on Saturday morning.  Banned outfit Lashkar-e-Jhangvi claimed responsibility for the killings.

All business centres, shopping malls and markets located on Jinnah Road, Shara-i-Iqbal, Liaquat Bazaar, Allamdar Road and Hazara town remained shut throughout the day.

Most of the roads presented a deserted look. However, light traffic was seen plying on the roads.

The protesters belonging to Hazara community closed Brewery Road and Western Bypass by erecting barricades and torching old tyres that caused inconvenience to people coming from other parts of the province.

The administration had taken strict security measures to thwart any untoward incident as police backed by Frontier Corps and Balochistan Constabulary were deployed in all sensitive areas of the city.

Tahaffuz Azadari Council had announced seven-day mourning whereas the Balochistan Shia Conference for 40 days.

Police backed by other law-enforcement agencies carried out raids in different parts of Quetta arresting over 200 suspects who were being interrogated.

Meanwhile, two dead bodies were recovered from Khuzdar and Quetta on Sunday.

According to Levies Force sources, local people spotted a body lying at Kararru area of Khuzdar and informed the Levies. The Levies personnel rushed to the site and moved the body to a state-run hospital for autopsy where the victim was identified as Abdul Latif Jattak, resident of Mulla area of Khuzdar.

Sources say the body was carrying marks of multiple bullet wounds. However, it could not be confirmed when the victim went missing.

The second body was recovered from Western Bypass area of Quetta.A police party while patrolling spotted the body and moved it to Bolan Medical Complex Hospital for autopsy. However, the identity of the deceased could not be ascertained.