KARACHI - Pakistan Navy won first major national football title when they outclassed KRL 3-1 in the final to win second National Challenge Cup football championship here Thursday at Peoples Football Stadium. At half time score stood at one all. Sajjad Ahmed scored twice first in 13th minute and second time in 69th minute for the winners. When Sajjad Ahmed scored his a second goal he became highest goal scorer with six goals of the fourteen-team championship surpassing Imran Niazi of Wapda, who had logged four goals. Shahid Hussain scored KRL's only goal through a penalty kick shortly after the sailors took the lead to level the score in 19th minute. However, in the closing minutes of play Shahid Hussain missed another penalty kick, which would have given KRL its second goal. Pakistan Navy's keeper Shahzad made a superb save to deny Shahid Hussain his second goal in a one sided contest dominated by sailors. Sajjad Ahmed won special highest scorer cash award of Rs. 15,000 and his team Pakistan Navy won winners purse of Rs., one lac .The losing finalist KRL bagged Rs. 75,000 runners up award. NBP, which won third place on Wednesday defeating Wapda 2-0 received Rs.50, 000. Sindh chief minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah was the guest of honour at the prize distribution ceremony held immediately after outsiders Pakistan Navy had recorded one of the biggest upset win of the championship. Also present on the occasion were PFF secretary Ahmed Yar Khan Lodhi and president of the SFA Abbas Baloch. Highly fit Pakistan Navy playing with superlative teamwork deserved victory against KRL, which had become favourites to win the trophy after national champion skipped the fourteen-team event and Wapda at semi-final hurdle. KRL had more star and reputed players but team's performance on the field was insipid and lacked the strength needed in such kind of competition. Pakistan Navy, which entered the final as underdogs, gave powerful performance. They outplayed the opponent by sheer fitness, which made for the some of the shortcoming they had in their playing eleven. Almost immediately after kick off Pakistan Navy gave flashes of its superiority in attack when they mounted a number of defence testing forays into KRL territory. The number of attacks increased as the clocked clicked towards 10th minute. In 13th minute finally Navy struck to get the lead. Sajjad Ahmed leapt higher in the air than the defenders to out his head to a pass from Nasir Hussain and the ball entered KRL goal in a flash beating Aamir under the bar. The lead gave big boost to the confidence of sailors who went all out in attack leaving the defence unattended. KRL grabbed the chance and moved into the big D where Navy's Muhammad Ramzan while trying to avert any damage to the goal handled the ball and the referee Jahangir Khan awarded a penalty kick, which Shahid Hussain converted. With score level at one all, the teams fell back to defend rather than to attack and till half time the ball remained in the middle of the pitch. After resumption both Navy and KRL once again adopted a cautious approach. Navy was first to renew its threat to KRL goal and in 69th minute Sajjiad Ahmed provided a flash to brilliance during an attack. Nomi Martin one of the most experienced international in Navy side moved quickly inside KRL box and unleashed powerful shot at the goal. Keeper Aamir blocked the shot but the ball rebounded off his body and went to Sajjad Ahmed who made no mistake in scoring. Giving Navy 2-1 advantage. Thus Pakistan Navy once again took the winning initiative. Pakistan Navy sealed the fate of the final in their favour when Asif Mahmood netted sailor third goal ten minutes from time. A panic stricken KRL made every effort to come back. They earned a god opportunity in 84th minute when they were awarded second penalty kick, which Shahid Hussain missed. That was the last opportunity for KRL in the match.