KARACHI The nameless and faceless marauders kept on the killing spree, unabated, for the sixth consecutive day as least seven more people were killed in different target-killing incidents here in the city on Wednesday, the police and eyewitnesses said. As per detail, the body of an unidentified man was found near Muhammad Mosque in Dalmia, in the Aziz Bhatti Police precincts. According to the police, an unpinned hand-grenade, attached to the body was also found when the police squad reached the scene after being informed by the locals. The police said the man had been shot dead while his hands were also broken. The police called in the bomb disposal squad to dispose the hand-grenade. The body was taken to the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre (JPMC) for medico-legal formalities and later on shifted to the Edhi morgue for identification. The police, while quoting the bomb disposal squad, said that the hand-grenade could cause damage in 100 square metres radius had it exploded. However, FIR No 344/2010 was registered against unknown culprits on the complaint of the Aziz Bhatti Police SHO. Earlier, two rival groups of drug-peddlers had an exchange of fire in the same area, creating panic among masses and causing closure of shops and businesses. The Police suspected that the deceased young man might be a member of any of the warring groups. In another incident of target-killing, a trader, identified as Muhammad Arif, 28, son of Muhammad Iqbal was gunned down by two unidentified motorcyclists near Ronaq-e-Islam school, in block-3 FB area, in the limits of Azizabad Police. The victim was also known as Gattay Wala. According to the police, his two brothers namely Khalid and Javaid had been missing from the last eight years. The police said that Arif was sitting with one of his friends when two motorcyclists arrived and fired a volley of gunshots at him. Resultantly he sustained eight bullets and was rushed to the Abbasi Shaheed Hospital (ASH) from where he was referred to the JPMC where he succumbed to his wounds. The police suspected that it might be a target-killing incident and initiated a probe into the matter. Similarly, a young man identified as Moonis, 24, was killed near Nagan Chowrangi in the remit of the Sir Syed Police. The police said he was sitting in an Ice cream parlour when two unidentified people tried to snatch motorcycle from a man namely Muhammad Farhan outside the parlour. On retaliation, the culprits fired gunshots at Farhan, but their aim missed and the bullets hit Monis, son of Shahid who was inside the parlour. According to the eyewitnesses, the victim was not the target of the criminals. He was a member of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement. The police suspect he might have been targeted and started investigation into the incident. Tension gripped the area after the incident, forcing closure of the shops. In the fourth incident, 50-year-old Syed Muhammad Tariq, son of Nusrat Ali was killed during a robbery bid, when he was going home after drawing saving certificates worth Rs1, 70,000 from the National Bank. Two unidentified men fired at him and he was died on way to hospital. He was resident of a house No 3/19, 19 Commercial Area, Liaquatabad No-3. The police, however, registered a case and initiate a probe. In the fifth incident, an assistant Sub-inspector (SI) was gunned down in a target-killing incident in the Kawaja Ajmer Nagri Police jurisdiction. The police said that SI Zahid, 32, son of Riaz was shot dead in New Karachi Sector 5-C-3 by two unidentified motorcyclists. He sustained eight bullets. The police officials said the victim was posted at the Nazimabad Police Station for the last 15 years and he was the father of two children. The police shifted the body to Abbasi Shaheed Hospital and after completion of legal formalities handed it over to his heirs. Meanwhile, a former activist of the Sunni Tehreek (ST) was shot dead in the Usmanabad area. The police said that Mohammad Shahid alias TT was shot dead by unidentified culprits while the body was taken to Civil Hospital Karachi (CHK). After the incident tension prevailed in the area and a large number of people took to streets in anger over the killing. Moreover, the dead body of a man, dumped near Malir Nadi was found here in the Sachal Police precincts. According to the police, the identity of the deceased could not be ascertained immediately. He seemed to be about 31-year-old and had sustained one bullet in the head. The body was shifted to Jinnah Post Graduate Medical Centre for autopsy.