LAHORE - Edibles worth over Rs 150 millions reduced to ashes when fire erupted in a general store located near Jain Mandir in Mozang police precincts in the wee hours of Wednesday, Rescue and police said. Fire brigades personnel said they received a phone call at about 2 :am and a couple of vehicles rushed to the spot. Meanwhile, Rescue 1122 vehicles and police reached the spot and started extinguishing the fire, which erupted owing to short circuit. A senior office at Head Office of Town Hall Fire Brigade located at The Mall said all of the edibles and other items like cooking oil, sugar, pulses and cosmetic reduced to ashes in Akbar General Store adjacent to Jain Mandir. Arif Bhatti, fire brigade officer, said the fire also badly damaged a wall of an under-construction house located in the area and 10 other houses in the backyard of the affected store also partially damaged. He further said according to some locals, the loss might be estimated at Rs 150 million but it was quite premature say something before the final report. The owner of this general store namely Shafiq Sheikh is approached the site within 20 minutes. He may disclose the ultimate loss in the incident, he added. An on duty police officer, Faisal Hassan, in Mozang police station, however, said none of the citizens submitted any application regarding the said incident till filing of this report. The fire, however, was extinguished in five hours after the hectic efforts by the rescuers.