PESHAWAR - Fifty students of Islamia Collegiate School fell unconscious after taking poisonous food in the hostel Friday.

Hospital sources said that all of the students were belonging to Khyber Hostel of Islamia Collegiate School, where they dined ‘substandard’ food.  Soon after taking the dinner, the students started vomiting and some of them went unconscious.

However after hospitalizing the students in the emergency ward of Khyber Teaching Hospital, they recovered and after initial treatment, all of them were discharged from the hospital. Despite repeated attempts, Khyber Hostel warden could not be reached for comment.  Most of the hostels in Peshawar have been providing substandard foodstuff to students while health authorities have turned a blind eye to issue.