KARACHI - Lahore Lions survived many anxious moments against Sialkot Eagles in the first session before recording 4-1 win over their opponents in the first semi final of the multimillion rupee MCB inaugural Junior Super Hockey league here on Wednesday night at almost an empty HCP. In the second semi final that ended past midnight Faisalabad Bulls notched comfortable 3-1 win over Islamabad Tigers. After a rest day on Thursday, the final will be played on Friday night. President PHF Qasim Zia and Sindh Sports Minister Dr M A Shah were prominent among a few spectators who watched the two semi finals played under floodlights. Lahore Lions scored their goals through Captain Muhammad Kaleem (2), Kashif Shah and Muhammad Bilal. Dilbar netted for Sialkot Eagles. Faisalabad Bulls netted through Waqas Ahmed, Muhammad Teusiq and Muhammad Rizwan while Islamabad Tigers goal came from Imtiaz. As expected in the first semi final, Sialkot Eagles gave tough time in the first session of the match but slowly faded away as the Lions scored quick goals in the second and third session. It was sheer poor finishing in the initial stage from the Eagles that swung the match in favour of the Lions who drew first blood in the 37th minute of the contest in second session of 25 minutes. Captain of Lions Muhammad Kaleem calmed down the growing anxiety in Lahore defence, which was stretched by the constant flow of attack from Sialkot, when he thwacked the board from a penalty corner. The lead which came against the flow of play gave confidence to the Lions and dejection to Sialkot who should have gone at least two goals up in the first session but they paid for being poor finishers. The Eagles had opportunities to dug their talons deep in the Lions but thy missed the chances and paid the penalty. Just before the second session ended, Lions doubled their advantage with Kashif Shah getting a goal from open play. Two goals blitz in four-minute period in third and last session increased Lions winning margin. Muhammad Bilal through a field goal in 65th minute made the score 3-0. Four minutes later Muhammad Kaleem banged home his second goal from his second penalty corner to complete the shoreline. Second semi final between Faisalabad Bulls and Islamabad Tigers was one sided in which the Bulls kept the Tigers at bay to get goals. Bulls settled down almost after the push off and mounted couple of raids to test the strength of the Tigers, which showed sign of caving in anytime. It was in the 15th minute that Bulls broke the deadlock and scored. Waqas Ahmed found the cage with a fine field effort. Exactly after seven minutes Bulls surged further ahead further with Muhammad Teusiq converting a penalty stroke category three in which the attacker runs with the ball from 25 yards to score from inside the circle beating the keeper. Tempers became taut as Bulls gained superiority against desperate Tigers. Players adopted some rule breaching tactics, which resulted in flashing of yellow cards. Under this pressure atmosphere, Tigers succeeded in breaching rival defence and scoring in 28th minute. Imtiaz's pile driving hit thudded the board. However before Tigers could rally further, Bulls netted its third goal in 56th minute with Muhammad Rizwan converting from a field effort initiated near the 25 yards line to complete the shoreline.