LAHORE - The Lahore High Court (LHC) on Thursday issued notices to the Inspector General Police Punjab (IGP) and Parks & Horticulture Authority (PHA) Director General on a petition against the blockade of Race Course (a local park) gate number 3 facing GOR-I. Justice Sheikh Azmat Saeed issued these notices for June 22 on the plea filed by a local lawyer. The petitioner pleaded that the gate of the park was closed on the direction of the IGP over security reasons. He said that to provide security to citizens was the responsibility of the State instead of creating hurdles for the citizens by blocking roads for the security of high profile officers. He said the barricades erected in GOR-I had affected more than 5,000 daily visitors of the park, which was a violation of basic human rights. The petitioner prayed to the court to issue directives for the PHA authorities to restore the entry of visitors in the park by removing the barriers. Suo moto case disposed of The Lahore High Court (LHC) Chief Justice on Thursday disposed of a suo moto case after the SP Cantonment informed the court that the accused involved in murder of a youth had been arrested and delinquent police officers suspended. The CJ had taken notice of the murder incident of one Khizar Hayat in the presence of police personnel of the North Cantonment police. The SP said that the main accused namely Pappu Shah and his two accomplices were arrested while three police officials including the SHO, SI and a Mohrar of the North Cantt Police Station had been suspended on the charges of delinquency. The CJ disposing of the case directed the SP to submit the challans of the accused before trial court within 14 days and report to the court through registrar judicial. According to the details, one Pappu Shah purchased a racket from the shop of Masood Qureshi in Sadar Bazaar Cantt. After some time when Masood was away and his son Khizar Hayat was sitting on the shop, Pappu Shah brought back the broken racket and asked Khizar to take it back. On refusal, altercation took place and Pappu made a telephonic call to his friends. Later Pappu together with his friends severely thrashed Khizar. It was reported that in the meanwhile a police van came there and Khizar in order to save his life took shelter in that van, but Pappu Shah and his friends took him out and in the presence of North Cantt police gave beating to Khizar and fled away. The victim was got admitted in the hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.