Lahore - A Special Anti-Terrorism Court on Saturday acquitted the accused of Manawan Training Centre attack Hijrat Ullah giving him a benefit of doubt due to insufficient evidence on record. Earlier, Hijrat was awarded 10 years sentence for keeping hand grenades and arms, while in Pir Makki bomb blast case he was acquitted. Anti-Terrorism Court Judge Masood Arshad was hearing the case of Manawan attack. The prosecution including police could not prove him guilty during proceedings and the judge acquitted him. As many as 25 people got their statements recorded during the proceedings. The court after hearing the arguments and statements exonerated Hijrat Ullah on benefit of doubt. According to prosecution, Hijrat Ullah along with other 12 terrorists on March 30, 2009 attacked Manawan Police Training Centre with hand grenades and bombs in which 22 police officials were killed and 100 others were injured. Hijrat Ullah was arrested from the scene of crime after the security agencies rescue operation against the terrorists at Manawan Centre. A case/FIR 125/9 was registered at Manawan Police station against Hijrat Ullah. Later, local Taliban leader Baitullah Masood had accepted responsibility for the attack and police claimed Hijrat Ullah had also confessed his offence. However, Ali Raza Bajwa advocate, counsel for Hijrat Ullha, pleaded that the accused was innocent as he had come to see the scene of the Manawan attack like other people of the area and police made him a scapegoat to hide its negligence in tracing the terrorists. He said Hijrat Ullah was a poor man who lifted plastic from garbage heaps to make his living and he was just a victim of circumstances. In Pir Makki bomb case the Judge acquitted him after hearing arguments of his counsel Dr Ayub. Police of the Lower Mall police station had got remand of Hijrat Ullah by claiming that he was involved in the blast. However, the case could not be proved against him and he was found innocent due to lack of evidence and the Judge released him giving benefit of doubt. The accused was produced before the ATC under heavy security in an armoured vehicle. On this occasion police personnel were deployed around the ATC to avert any untoward incident.