RAWALPINDI - A 24-year-old security guard has committed suicide at Tench Bhatta due to hurdles in love marriage.

According to police, Muhammad Irfan son of Muhammad Talib, residing in Jhanda Cheechi, ended his life by firing bullet into his chest with a 30-bore pistol at 1:30am on Saturday outside Bhatti Market at Tench Bhatta, where he was performing duty as security guard.

Sharing more information, police said that the deceased wanted to tie the knot with a woman, whom he loved. However, his parents refused to give him permission to contract marriage with the woman.

Heartbroken from the opposition of his parents, police said, the young security guard committed suicide. "You people gave me a lot of pain. I am leaving your world. Forgive me my parents," it was written on a small piece of paper recovered by police from the pocket of the deceased at crime scene, informed police.

Later, the dead body was shifted to District Headquarters Hospital where doctors handed over it to heirs for burial after conducting post mortem.

MAN FOUND DEAD UNDER SUSPICIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES: A 43-year-old man was found dead under suspicious circumstances at Ratta Amral area, informed sources on Saturday.

The victim has been identified as Khalid Javed son of Muhammad Younas. He was running electronics shop on Benazir Bhutto Road and was a resident of Chishtian Abad. The body, which bore injuries on left backside of skull, was found near a nullah, flowing a few yards away from Ratta Amral Chowky.

Police investigators are not on same page in investigation of the case and have been trying to hush up the issue.

A reliable source told The Nation that Khalid Javed jumped from the second floor of a house to avoid arrest, where gambling was on and police conducted raid to overturn the gambling. However, police denied conducting any raid on gambling den in the locality.

"Khalid sustained a fatal head injury which led to his death. His head was hit with a wood-made grill of a stairs situated under the house from where he jumped," source added.

Sub Inspector Muhammad Hammad, when contacted by this scribe, changed his stance twice. First he said police rushed to DHQ receiving a phone call from doctors that Rescue 1122 found a dead man from the limits of Police Station Ratta Amral and shifted it to hospital. "The man died before police reached the hospital. Blood was oozing from the nose, ears and mouth of the deceased," he said.

When asked it was emerged that the man jumped from roof of a house where gambling was on to avoid arrest, the SI swiftly changed his stance saying, "A prisoner van brought a prisoner to attend the burial ceremony of his mother at graveyard located close to Khalid's house. It might be possible some body threw him from rooftop," he said. The SI said that police did not conduct any raid on gambling den.

DSP Raja Taifoor, when approached, showed his unawareness about the incident and said he would get back to this scribe after inquiring from the SHO. After some time, the DSP called and said police did not carry raid on gambling den. However, a murder case was filed against unknown people.

Speaking to this scribe, Waheed Younas, brother of deceased, said that family members have no knowledge as who had killed his brother as he had no enmity with anyone. To a query regarding rumours, he said that he has no knowledge about the police raid.

"I have no idea whether police conducted raid or not, but one thing is clear and true that my brother was a gambler. Last year, he spent few days in Adyala Jail for gambling," he added.

A source in hospital, while sharing the details of post mortem report done by Dr Rana Mohsin, said that the deceased bore a fracture on back left side of skull and injuries on both knees and legs.