LAHORE - A man gunned down his wife and a ten-month-old son at his house in Nolakha on early Wednesday, police said. The killer has confessed to the police investigators that he committed the double-murder in the name of honour.

On early Wednesday, Sajjad entered the bedroom and opened fire on his wife who was sleeping along with her 10-month-old boy Amaan. As a result, Sumera 24, and Amaan sustained serious bullet wounds and died on the spot.

Soon after listening to the gunfire before dawn, the locals rushed the house, police sources said. They managed to capture the killer when he tried to flee the crime scene. Sajjad was handed over to the police for interrogation. The bodies were sent to the morgue for autopsy.

Police have registered a double murder case against the father on the complaint of Muhammad Imran, brother of the deceased woman. The killer was later locked up in the Nolakha police station.

While talking to reporters from behind the bars, Sajjad said that he wanted to kill his wife but a bullet accidentally struck the baby boy too. The police investigators rebut the claim saying that he deliberately committed the double murder. According to the killer, his wife had developed affairs with other men and therefore he shot her dead. On the other hand, the relatives of the deceased woman told the police that jobless Sajjad was unable to feed his family. The poor lady used to clash with her husband over his idleness, they added.

Another family member of the deceased told this reporter that the husband was a drug addict and had no work to do. Late on Tuesday night, the couple exchanged harsh words over domestic spending. Before dawn, the man took out a gun, entered the bedroom, and killed his wife and son. Further investigation was underway.

SHOT DEAD: A 40-year-old man was found shot dead under mysterious circumstances at his house located in Sanat Nagar in Islampura on Wednesday.

Police said that the man, identified as Muhammad Arif, was lying dead with bullet wounds in his forehead as they reached the crime scene. Sajjad told the police that his brother Arif committed suicide by shooting himself in the temple. Police sources said that the deceased was a bachelor and he had been residing along with his brother and his wife at their combined house. He had also a property dispute with his brother. Police have removed the body to the morgue for autopsy and are investigating.