ISLAMABAD - The Supreme Courts order that Gilgit-Baltistan Police Inspector General Husain Asghar should be brought back as FIA Director to enable him to resume investigation of the Haj scam remains unimplemented even after a month and the lawyer representing the Interior Secretary told the apex court on Tuesday that the delay had been caused by the law and order situation in GB. Advocate Babar Awan told the court that it was a matter of provincial autonomy, but held out an assurance that he would talk to GB Chief Minister Syed Mehdi Shah to relieve Mr Hussain Asghar. Before allowing the government another two weeks to implement the order, Chief Justice Iftikhar Mohammad Chaudhry remarked that the GB government was working under a Presidential Order and its writ had been established by the Supreme Court. He said the court has passed an order and, therefore, it should be implemented. The CJP stated that the apex court was not subordinate to any chief minister or the provincial administration. Hussain Asghar must come back, reiterated the CJP, adding that if the needful was not done, action would be taken against the relevant authorities. The Haj scam is one of the most important cases being heard by the Supreme Court. Former minister for religious affairs Hamid Saeed Kazmi and a son of the prime minister are allegedly involved in it along with some other people. Hussain Asghar was investigating the case to the full satisfaction of the apex court. However, while the probe was still in progress the government posted him as GB Police Inspector General, as a result of which he was dissociated from the matter. The court ordered on August 25 that the official should be brought back to the same position. Also the bench ordered the then FIA DG Tehsin Anwar to extend full cooperation to Hussain Asghar and his team. Mr Tehsin Anwar tendered resignation on the plea that he could not work under his juniors. He had taken the step when the bench was hearing the NICL scam, in which the court had ordered him to cooperate with Mr Zafar Qureshi, the Additional Director General, and his team. The DGs resignation is still pending with the prime minister. On Tuesday, the court directed Mr Awan, representing the interior secretary, to expedite the implementation of the SC order. The case was adjourned for two weeks.