CENTURION  - Delhi Daredevils made it to the Champions League Twenty20 semifinal after other contender Auckland Aces were beaten by 16 runs in their last group league game by Perth Scorchers on Tuesday.In second match of the day, heavy rain after the toss in Centurion meant the final league match of Champions League T20 was abandoned without a ball being bowled. With that, Delhi Daredevils finished at the top of the group, and drew Lions in their semi-final in Durban on Thursday. Titans will take on Sydney Sixers at home venue, Centurion, on Friday.The teams, both of whom had already qualified for the semi-final, were two points apart, and the result of the match could have had an impact on the final standings. Keeping the relatively low stakes in mind, Daredevils had rested captain Mahela Jayawardene to give David Warner a hit. Ross Taylor lost the toss for them. Titans had also made two changes to give Paul Harris and wicketkeeper Mangaliso Mosehle a game, but it was not to be.The Scorchers victory means that Auckland Aces with six points were ousted from the event.  A victory for Auckland against Perth today could have opened up the group, but the Australian side's bowlers stuck to their task.Chasing a modest target of 141, Auckland failed to capitalise on the 49-run second-wicket stand between opener Martin Guptill and Azhar Mahmood as they ended on 124 for eight in their stipulated 20 overs. Perth clawed their way back into the match with four quick strikes in the middle overs. Left-arm spinners Michael Beer and Brad Hogg and pacer Joe Mennie shared bulk of the spoils between them. Beer was the stand-out performer as the Victorian finished with impressive figures of three for 13.For Auckland, Guptill top-scored with 32-ball 36 while Mahmood, who looked well set en route his 24, was caught by Herschelle Gibbs at extra cover off Beer. Auckland kept on losing wickets at regular intervals as Anaru Kitchen (2), Colin de Grandhomme (4) and skipper Gareth Hopkins (9) failed to make any substantial contribution with the bat. Auckland were off to a bad start as they lost opener Lou Vincent (2) early into the innings.Guptill and Mahmood took the team past 50-run mark with their defiant 49-run stand but once both were separated, the New Zealand T20 champions lost the plot and from a comfortable position of 61 for one were left struggling at 75 for five in 13 overs. Their misery was further compounded by Mennie who struck twice in the 18th over to put paid to any hopes of Auckland advancing to the next stage of the tournament.Earlier, an impressive bowing effort by pacer Michael Bates helped Aces restrict Scorchers to a score of 140 for seven after Scorchers skipper Marcus North won the toss and decided to bat in their last league fixture. Bates finished with an impressive figures of 4 for 34 and picked up the wickets of Luke Ronchi and Joe Mennie in the last over of the innings right after he scalped Tom Beaton in his previous over. He also accounted for dangerman Herschelle Gibbs (6) in his first spell. Beaton (22) and Paul Collingwood (38) resurrected the Scorchers innings after they were left reeling at 67 for three in 12 overs. After the early loss of Gibbs, North (37) and Simon Katich (21) combined well to put on 55-run partnership for the second wicket but the duo perished in quick succession. North (37) was run-out after a direct hit by Kyle Mills while Katich (21) fell victim to spinner Ronnie Hira, who got the better of the southpaw's stumps.BRIEF SCORE: Perth Scorchers 140 for 7 (Collingwood 38, Bates 4-34) beat Auckland Aces 124 for 8 (Beer 3-13) by 16 runs.