SARGODHA

A private medical complex has been gutted partially when fire erupted due to power short-circuit at Civil Hospital Chowk here on Saturday.

At least eight people fainted as a result of suffocation due to dark thick smoke. According to the Rescue 1122 sources,  the fire suddenly erupted in the private medical complex and then engulfed other parts burning a medical store, complex furniture, electricity system and other equipments to ashes. The Rescue officials and people of the area shifted patients from the medical complex to safer places. Rescue fire brigade staff extinguished the fire after two-hour strenuous efforts. Meanwhile, traffic of all kinds remained suspended at Sargodha Khushab Road outside the private medical complex. Eye-witness said that there was not any fire extinguishing equipment in the medical complex.

Case reopened: Anti-Corruption Punjab Director General Abid Javed has ordered re-opening a case of embezzlement in wheat worth 5.6 million by the Food Department in Sargodha Division.

The DG has sought a report from Deputy Director Anti-Corruption Zahoor Nadeen in this regard.

A case had been registered against Food Grain Supervisor Ahsanullah on the application of former district food controller Javed Iqbal on the charges of embezzlement at wheat purchase centre Moch, Mianwali district.