PESHAWAR - Maintaining the stance that the Taliban are not bound to lay down arms, Spokesman Tehrik Taliban Pakistan (TTP), Swat chapter, Muslim Khan has said the Muslims must possess weapons and go for armed activities against infidels for the supremacy of Islam. He went on to say that there was noting in Sharia for banning arms in private use. In a telephonic conversation with The Nation on Monday, Muslim Khan claimed that TTP was engaged in Jihad against the government and the US, adding that Taliban were determined to continue it. Justifying the violent approach of his group against the government, he said, All those civilians, political activists, officials or security personnel who are supporting or serving the government are infidels because it is following US dictations and killing Taliban. On such grounds, Taliban have every right to punish and execute such elements. Replying to another question regarding governments point of view that Taliban were violating the peace agreement by slipping into Buner from Swat, Muslim Khan said, Pakistans Constitution is very clear in this respect and it allows the citizens to stay anywhere in the country. Swat peace deal or promulgation of Nizam-e-Adl Regulation doesnt prevent Taliban from shifting from one place to another. Taliban had entered Buner on the invitation of local people and now some of them had returned back to swat, he added. However, he made it clear that Taliban would continue their presence in Buner and other parts of the country. In response to another question, the TTP spokesman held government responsible for violating the peace accord by restarting the military action. Agencies add: Talking with a private TV channel, TTP Swat Spokesman Muslim Khan has claimed that the action was a violation of the pact and their fighters were waiting to see if TNSM Chief Maulana Sufi Muhammad who mediated the deal pronounced it as dead. He said Taliban would never give up their weapons. Taliban do not lay down arms. They snatch arms. We will never lay down arms unless American forces withdraw from the region. He jargoned that the agreements with the Pakistan government were worthless because Pakistani rulers were acting to please Americans. And to prove his statements, despite the deal Taliban militants on Monday took control of a telephone exchange in picturesque Bahrain, a town of the troubled Swat valley, police officials said. Earlier, the TNSM suspended talks with the government after military launched a fresh offensive against Taliban fighters in Dir to stop the advance of the extremists in the region. Our council of leaders met on Sunday night and decided to suspend peace negotiations with the government in the North West Frontier Province, said a spokesman for Sufi Muhammad, the cleric who negotiated a peace deal between the two sides in February. We, however, still adhere to the February deal, Ameer Izzat Khan told AFP referring to the highly controversial accord. Situation could go out of control if operation was not halted in Dir, he cautioned. Izzat Khan said Sufi was cut off in his village in Lower Dir and no talks could take place until communication was restored. We are demanding a suspension of the operation so that Sufi Muhammad is able to get out of his village. He was of the opinion that the operation was contrary to the peace agreement. We believe there is no point talking peace when there is violence in the area. But a decision on that will be taken by our Shoora [Council]. Similarly, Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) led by Baitullah Mehsud, a wanted tribal warlord, has called the operation unwanted. Demanding an immediate halt to the offensive, TTP Spokesman Maulvi Omar told AFP The operation can harm the peace deal. If the operation is not stopped Taliban from other places will be compelled to extend support to Taliban in Dir, Omar said in a phone call from an unknown location. It be mentioned that the Taliban promised to lay down their arms in exchange for Sharia courts in a deal billed as the end of a nearly two-year brutal insurgency that ripped apart the once peaceful Swat valley. But the agreement was followed by further encroachments in the region and the government has been in talks with the militants to try restoring peace. The clashes started when the government deployed troops in some areas of the district over the weekend. The operation came after 12 children were killed in Lower Dir on Saturday after playing with a bomb they mistook for a football. The situation in Lower Dir remains tense as families continue to flee the battle zone, but many are still trapped in their villages. Karimullah, a farmer in the Samarbagh area of Lower Dir, told Reuters, I am leaving everything here and taking my family. We cant take a risk with troops fighting the Taliban. Another Staff Reporter from Peshawar adds: Amidst shelling of gunship helicopters and firing of artillery guns, at least 40 militants including two leading commanders were killed and several others injured on the second day of army operation, named as Tour Tander. However, the military put the death toll in the ground and air operation against Taliban in Lower Dir at 20. Twenty militants were killed today by the Frontier Corps troops in Maidan area of Lower Dir, the military media wing said in a statement. Sources said that around 20,000 people have so far migrated to safer places from the troubled region while thousands of others were continuously shifting to secure locations in Mardan and Peshawar. The security forces pounded the suspected hideouts of militants by gunship copters and artillery guns. On the first day of operation the Frontier Corps carried out three major encounters against militants between Islamdara and Lal Qila, while on the second day they focused on search operation. The final encounter was at Lal Qila and surrounding areas in which Maulana Shahid and his associates were engaged. The militants also used heavy and sophisticated weapons including mortars, snipers and RPG-7. Security forces were supported by armours, artillery and aviation. Troops of the Frontier Corps fought with courage and inflicted heavy losses on the militants. On the second day of operation Tour Tander security forces launched search operation and cordoned off several areas. It may be mentioned here that the operation was launched at the request of the Provincial Government and people of the area after militants intensified their activities and on many occasions picked up and killed high profile persons of Dir, which also included the killing of 12 children in the explosion of a toy bomb, DPO Dir Attif-ur-Rahman, Jamil Advocate, Sardar Abdul Hakim Advocate along with his son, Bank Manager Shoaib and Mohammad Umar Nazim Union Council, Timelgara. Before launching of the operation by security forces, District Lower Dir was in a state of lawlessness where militants were constantly attacking the security forces and government officials. AFP adds: The clashes started when the government deployed troops in some areas of the district over the weekend. The operation came after 12 children were killed in Lower Dir on Saturday after playing with a bomb they mistook for a football. Civilians have begun leaving the area but many are still trapped in their villages. Karimullah, a farmer in the Samarbagh area of Lower Dir, told Reuters news agency: I am leaving everything here and taking my family. We cant take a risk with troops fighting the Taliban. The Taliban warned of militant attacks in all parts of Malakand division - the group of six districts where the new Sharia law has been enforced - if the military operation in Dir was not halted. The government and the military say they still want to abide by the terms of the Swat peace deal and consider it intact. However, they believe that the Taliban are yet to fulfil their part of the deal, which is to disarm and to concede administrative power to government departments. In Buner, the presence of the Taliban continues in main towns despite an announcement on Friday that they would leave the area and go back to their bases in Swat. Troops have still not advanced beyond a border village. The Taliban had earlier suspended talks with the government, demanding the army halt its latest operation against militants in which around 30 insurgents have been killed, Ameer Izzat Khan, a spokesman for banned TNSM Chief Sufi Muhammad who negotiated a peace deal between the two sides, said. The talks were aimed at restoring peace in the Malakand region, which includes the district of Swat, after Taliban fighters infiltrated nearby Buner town, in apparent contravention of the peace deal signed with the provincial government in February. Meanwhile, Director General Inter Services Public Relation Major Gen Athar Abbas has warned Taliban to surrender their weapons, otherwise, Pakistan army will have no option except to take action against them and said the real face of Taliban had been exposed to the masses. In a telephonic interview with a private TV channel, Major Gen Athar Abbas said army had shown its utmost patience and tolerance to avoid any confrontation and make the peace accord a success. He said after the implementation of Nizam-e-Adl, Taliban had no excuse and reason to carry arms. In response to a question, Athar Abbas said the government had always remained serious about the fencing of Pakistan-Afghanistan border. He went on to say that Pakistan had also proposed to the government of Afghanistan for the installation of biometric system in collaboration with the Nato forces at certain sensitive points in order to stop movement of Taliban. Non-serious attitude of Afghan government has compelled Pakistan to dismantle its biometric system and de-mining process, he said.