LONDON (AFP) - Chelsea beat 10-man Norwich 3-1 at Stamford Bridge on Saturday but the victory came at a cost as Didier Drogba was stretchered off with what appeared to be a serious injury. The Ivory Coast forward fell heavily following an aerial collision with Norwich goalkeeper John Ruddy midway through the second half and needed lengthy treatment before he was taken for further examination. A rare goal from Jose Bosingwa had given Andre Villas-Boas' side the early lead but Norwich recovered to equalise through captain Grant Holt just after the hour mark following a defensive mix-up. Frank Lampard's penalty put Chelsea ahead once more after Ruddy had been sent off for conceding it and debutant Juan Mata scored the third in stoppage time. Ruddy had made a fine save to push a Ramires long-ranger round a post as early as the second minute as Chelsea started strongly. Leon Barnett blocked a Fernando Torres effort but Chelsea were not to be denied and Bosingwa broke the deadlock in the sixth minute with a drive from more than 20 yards out that gave Ruddy no chance as it flashed into the top corner. Chelsea started the second period with Pilkington deflecting John Terry's header over and Branislav Ivanovic sending a free header wide from a Lampard corner. Norwich's equaliser arrived in the 63rd minute. There was more bad news almost straight away when Drogba was hurt in an aerial collision with Ruddy, which was compounded by the heavy fall that followed. The forward stayed down and was eventually stretchered off, seemingly unconscious, with an oxygen mask on his face. He was replaced by Nicolas Anelka, with Mata. The game finally shifted Chelsea's way after Terry made an excellent last-ditch tackle to block from Norwich substitute Steve Morison just as he was in the process of shooting. The next opportunity was Chelsea's and when Ruddy brought Ramires down in the box to concede a penalty the goalkeeper was also shown a red card to become the second Norwich player in as many Premier League matches to be sent off. Lampard despatched the penalty past substitute goalkeeper Declan Rudd and, after 11 minutes of added time, the points were Chelsea's when Mata took advantage of a loose ball in the Norwich box and slotted in the third. In another match Wolves had won their opening two fixtures, like Manchester City and Manchester United, but were content to leave Aston Villa with a 0-0 draw after the Birmingham-based side put their local rivals under the cosh for long spells. Gabriel Agbonlahor had arguably the best chance for the hosts but goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey pulled off a good save. Argentine Franco Di Santo scored twice to give Wigan Athletic a 2-0 home win over promoted Queen's Park Rangers with the visitors deciding not to give Joey Barton a debut after his move from Newcastle United.