LAHORE - A Lahore General Hospitals employee died while his two colleagues fell unconscious after consuming contaminated yogurt on Thursday. Additional MS Dr. Ziaullah Cheema said that the condition of the three employees deteriorated soon after they consumed the contaminated yogurt. A ward boy, later identified as Zubair Khan, died on the spot while Sajjad Ahmed and Shahzad were shifted to the ICU in precarious condition. A five-member committee headed by Prof. Muhammad Iqbal had been set up for investigation which would submit report within 24 hours, he added. The Kot Lakhpat police have registered a case against the owner and manager of a local restaurant on the report of Saghir Ahmed, father of Zubair Khan. The paramedical staff of the hospital staged a protest demonstration outside the Emergency Department against the incident. Sources in the police Investigation Wing, however, believed the youth died because of a cardiac arrest. The heirs had also taken away the body at about 6 am. A union leader, Aslam Sial, ignited their feelings on which the heirs staged the protest against the restaurant, located opposite the hospital, they maintained. A paramedical staffer, requesting not to be named, also confirmed that Zubair Khan, Sajjad, and Shahzad had purchased the yogurt from a nearby shop at about 3:00 am and took breakfast by missing the yogurt into cooked rice. The police investigators said the heirs returned to the scene at around 7:00 am and staged the protest against the restaurant. We have been selling yogurt from the last five years. No such incident took place, Mehar Abbas, the owner of the food outlet, said. He further said they were not even sure whether or not the deceased had purchased the said pack of yogurt from their restaurant. Riaz Ahmed, the owner of a pharma lab located near the restaurant, said the ward-boys purchased pain killers from his store three times during the same night when they purchased the yogurt. The police have also sent samples of yogurt to a chemical laboratory in Cantonment Area which will also report within 24 hours. No accused was arrest till filing of this report while further investigations are underway.