KARACHI - At least seven people, including two activists of MQM were gunned down in various incidents of target killing here on Thursday.

Two MQM activists were gunned down near Chamcha Hotel.

Police said that Noshad Kursheed and Arshad Hussain, residents of the same area, were shot dead by unidentified gunmen near their residences. Culprits riding a motorbike sprayed bullets on them and fled. Police shifted them to Abbasi Shaheed Hospital where doctors pronounced them dead. Police said one of their closed friends Abdul Kalam was also been killed on Wednesday near airport.

A cleric was shot dead here in the jurisdiction of Jamshaid Quarter police station. Police said some gunmen barged into the mosque and sprayed bullets. The gunmen managed to flee while victim Ahmed Nadeem Farooqi died on the spot. He was associated with defunct Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan and his name was enclosed in the list of alleged high profile terrorists.

A gangster was gunned down here in the jurisdictions of Saudabad police station. Police said Nayab Ahmed, a close aide of Lyari gangster Arshad Papu group, was shot dead in Malir area. Police shifted the body to morgue after autopsy.

Kalri police found a shot dead body of student from Fida Hussain Shaikha Road, Bihar Colony.

Police said the victim Shahbaz Abdul Rehman, 20, student of Lyari Degree College, was abducted on Wednesday and his body was later thrown at the said place. Police said the victim’s brother nominated six Lyari gangsters in the FIR, including Shakeel Badshah, Sanaullah Niazi, Jaseem Golden and three others.

Police found a body of a youth near Kashti Chowk, Lyari. Police said the assailants took the body on a motorbike and threw it at the said place. The body was shifted to morgue for identification after autopsy.

One killed another and wounded near Manan Palace. Police said Muhammad Ali and Javaid Ibrahim were offered prayer in Kathri Mosque. When they came out of the mosque, some gunmen came and killed both of them. The victims were shifted to Civil Hospital where doctors pronounced the death of Ali while admitted Ibrahim with critical wounds.