Three labourers suffocated to death while asleep due to toxic smoke of coal being used for heating up the room here the other night.

According to rescue sources, the incident took place in a wood factory near Chak 67/JB Sadhar situated in the Thikriwala Police precincts.

As per details, 20-year-old Saqlain, a resident of Chak 66/JB Dhandla,

22-year-old Hafiz Muhammad Atif, a resident of Chak 69/JB Chabba and 24-year-old Faisal Shah, a resident of Jhang slept after lighting a coal stove in a room of the wood factory.

Meanwhile, the room filled with poisonous gas being emitted from embers due to closure of door and windows, causing the death of labourers.

In the morning, factory owner Kashif broke open the door of the room and found all the three labourers dead.

On information the police reached the spot and took the dead bodies to Allied Hospital for autopsy.

Meanwhile, in Muzaffargarh, three members of a family were killed and another injured in a road accident near Adda Mandawala in the Jurisdiction of Khangarh Police, some 15-km from here.

According to police, the ill-fated family was on the way to see Lucky Irani Circus in Fareed Colony on a motorcycle. All of sudden a speeding trailer hit the motorcycle on GT Road near Khangarh. As a result, Usman, Mukhtar and Iyaz, sons of Allah Wasayia died on the spot while Allah Wasayia himself sustained serious injured. He was shifted to DHQ Hospital Muzaffargarh. The Khangarh Police have registered a case.