LAHORE – Furniture and sewing machines worth thousands of rupees were reduced to ashes in two separate parts of the City on Sunday.

As per details, fire broke out at Dyal Singh Mansion on The Mall on Sunday inside two rooms of a computer training centre and reduced to ashes the equipment and other articles.

A fire brigade official said the main cause of fire eruption was short circuiting. The flames, however, remained away from the main building. The official further said fire brigade and other rescue teams reached the spot and controlled the fire within time.

Similarly, fire erupted inside the sewing factory of one Shafiq Ahmed in the Iqbal Town area.