LAHORE - A man, his son and daughter were electrocuted when high-voltage wires collapsed on them in Ferozwala area, police and rescue workers said yesterday.

The victims were identified by police as Muhammad Sharif, his son Ashfaq and daughter Muqaddas. All the three family members were sleeping on the rooftop of their house located in Wanda Diyal Shah when all of a sudden the high-voltage wires collapsed on them. They expired on the spot, rescue workers said.

Police sources said that panic gripped the poor locality as several nearby residents also sustained minor electric shocks.

Meanwhile, a good number of people gathered on the GT Road and staged a strong protest demonstration against the management of Lahore electric supply company. They said that the deaths took place because of negligence on part of the Lesco staff.

The government did not announce any compensation for the victim family yet. Also, the authorities did not launch any investigations to probe the incident.

In a similar incident last week, a young woman and 45-year-old men were electrocuted in Nishtar Colony area after high-voltage wires collapsed in the rain waters. The Prime Minister Office had taken notice of the incident and announced one million rupees compensation for the victim families.